Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bangladesh historical place

Located at Savar, about 35 km from Dhaka, the national memorial was designed by architect Moinul Hossain. It is dedicated to the sacred memory of the millions of unknown martyrs' of the war of liberation in 1971.

Symbol of Bengali nationalism, this monument was built to commemorate the martyrs' of the historic language movement on 21st February, 1952. The day is also now observed as International Mother Language Day across the world. Hundreds and thousands of barefooted people with floral wreaths and bouquets gather at this monument from the first hour of 21st February every year to pay homage to the martyrs.

Revolutionary poet Kazi Nazrul Islam died on 29th August 1976 and was buried here. The graveyard is adjacent to the Dhaka University Central Mosque.

Located at old city opposite the Jagannath University formerly Victoria Park this memorial place of 1857 was built to commemorate the martyr's of the first liberation war in the years of 1857-59 against British Rule. This is the place where the revolting sepoys and their civil compatriots were cowardly hanged. The ancient name of the place was "Antagor Maidan".

In the wake of the first partition of Bengal in 1905, a group of architecturally homogeneous building was erected in Dhaka illustrating a happy blending of the Mughal and European tastes. Massive in appearance these buildings were characterized by a symmetrical composition of their component part and a great variety of eye-catching external detail. The foundation stone of Curzon Hall was laid by Lord Curzon on 14 February 1904. Its elegent facade with its central projecting bay and wide arched horse shoe shaped portals with windows avobe, has a attractively variegated by a series of panels, bracketed eaves and kiosks crowning the roof, whilst the corners are relieved with miners.

Established in 1904, by the late Narendra Narayan Roy, the garden is located in Wari (opposite to the Christian cemetery). This garden boasts a rich collection of indigenous and exotic plants. Open: Saturday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Friday closed. Entry tickets are available on the gate.

At a stone throw distance from Dhaka Sheraton Hotel and stretching out Dhaka University campus and Bangla Academy, the Suhrawardy Uddyan, formely known as the race course, is a testament to our great historical achievement. It is here that the clarion call of independence of Bangladesh was declared on 7th March 1971 by Father of the Nation the great national leader Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and it is again here that the commander of the Pakistani Occupation forces surrendered on the 16th December 1971 to the joint command.

Originally built as the residence of the British Governor, the High Court Building illustrates a fine blend of European and mughal architecture. The building is situated North of the Curzon Hall of Dhaka Universiry.

Natore lies about 40 km. from Rajshahi and is an old seat of the Maharajah of Dighapatiya, now serving as the Uttara Ganabhaban (The Official northern region residance of the President of the Republic). The palace has large, spacious grounds and is surrounded by a fine moat. The palace has well-equipped guest-house, an imposing gateway and a fine garden decorated with statues of white marble.

In this well-preserved cemetery,in Chittagong lie burried over 700 soldiers from Commonwealth countries and Japan, who died during the Second World War.

The beautiful mansion carries memory of nobel laureate poet Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941) who made frequent visit to this place and used to stay here, in connection with administration of his Zamindari and enriched Bengali literature through his writtings during that time. It is located at a distance of about 20 km. from Kushtia town.

The birth place of the celebrated poet Micheal Modhusudan Dutta. by most accounts the first modern poet of Bangla Literature. Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation has built a rest-house and other tourist facilities in the place.

Located at a distance of about 7 km. from the town of Meherpur. The beautiful memorial dedicated to the first provisional revolutionary government of Bangladesh that was declared here on 14 April 1971 during the liberation war.

It is the place where innumerable boyhood memories of our national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam are found around. It is situated 20 km. away from Mymensingh town. Nazrul was a student of Darrirumpur High School under Trisal police station. Here a cultural organization styled as Nazrul

Academy has been established in memory of the great poet. Rebel poet Kazi Nazrul, the shelley of Bangladesh is in eternal sleep besides Dhaka University Central Mosque.

Situated about 23 km. north-west of Choumuhani town and 2 km. east of Chatkhil at Jayag in Noakhali district. This asram was established in the memory of historic visit of the Mahatma Gandhi to Noakhali and devoted to his ideology. In 1946-47 Mahatma the protagonist of Ahimsa ideology visited this region with a view to preach peace. Historical Charka and other valuables used by Mahatma are preserved in this asram and those evoke deep respect to the unique memories of the great soul.

About 75 km. from Pabna town. It is also a historical place connected with the frequent visits of poet Rabindranath Tagore.

Shah Paran (Shah Farhan) was a renowned Sufi saint of the Suhrawardiyya and Jalalia order. It is said that he was the son of a sister of Hazrat Shah Jalal (R) and was born in Hadramaut, Yemen. He was an accomplice of his uncle, Shah Jalal, with whom he arrived in India. In 1303 AD, He took part in the expedition of Sylhet which was led by Shah Jalal. After the conquest of Sylhet he established a khanqah at Khadim Nagar in Dakshingarh Pargana, about 7 km away from Sylhet town, where he started Sufi spiritual practices and activities. He played a significant role in propagating Islam and establishing Muslim rule in the Sylhet region.
It is unclear how and when he died, but he is buried near his khanqah. For centuries, large numbers of devotees have been visiting his tomb, a practice which continues even today. On the 4th, 5th and 6th day of Rabi-ul-Awal, the Urs of Hazrat Shah Paran (R) takes place. His grave is located in a high hillock and it is carefully preserved at a place which is built with bricks and surrounded by walls. On the northern side of the grave there is an old tree, the branches and branchlets of which are extended above the entire tomb. The name of the tree is 'Ashagachh' (a tree of hopes). From a close observation of the leaves of the tree, it appears that the tree has grown out of a mixture of the fig, mango and some other tree. People eat the seeds of the figs devotionally in the hope of getting rid of diseases. Mangoes are also eaten with utmost respect as Tabaruk. There is an ancient mosque by the side of the tomb. The mosque has been modernised in 1989-91. About 1500 devout Muslims in a body can now say their prayers there.
Adjacent to the main tomb complex of Shah Paran, found in the East of Sylhet, is another tomb visited by worshipers, that of Konya Shah. Legend has it that this follower of the great saints was neither man nor woman. There is a permanent exhibition of the life and times of this saint. Contemporary paintings and pictures featured at the tomb/exhibition depict a person most likely to be a eunuch. Though the original conquerors earned a prominent role in Islamic history, main stream Islam shuns the idea of worshiping saints and eunuchs.
A road bridge over the Surma River, a passenger ferry and a hall of residence at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology have all been named after Shah Paran.

Shah Jalal 

Shah Jalal (Persian: شاه جلال; Bengali: শাহ জালাল full name:Yamanī Shāh Jalāl ad-Dīn al-Mujarrad) is a celebrated Sufi Muslim figure in Bengal. Jalal's name is associated with the Muslim conquest of north-eastern Bengal and the spread of Islam in Bangladesh through Sufism. He was buried in Sylhet, Bangladesh, formerly known as Jalalabad, while the country's main airport is named in his honour


Early life and education

Born Makhdum Jalāl ad-Dīn bin Muhammad, he was named al-Mujarrad (probably for his lifelong celibacy or performing of prayers in solitary milieu) and entitled Shaykh-ul-Mashāykh (Great Scholar). Shah Jalal's date and place of birth is not certain. Various traditions and historical documents differ. A number of scholars have claimed that he was born in 1271 CE in Konya in modern day Turkey (then in the Sultanate of Rum) and later moved to Yemen either as a child or adult while the majority believe he was born in a village called Kaninah in Hadhramaut, Yemen. He was the son of a Muslim cleric, who was a contemporary of the Persian poet and Sufi mystic, Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi. Shah Jalal was educated and raised by his maternal uncle Syed Ahmed Kabir in Mecca. He excelled in his studies and became a Hafiz there, increasing proficiency in Islamic theology (Aqidah). He achieved spiritual perfection (Kamaliyyah) after 30 years of study, practice and meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Like Book

Blogger news


Most Reading